Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thoughts on Death and Life..

The main news story that will more than likely be talked about for weeks to come, will be the passing away of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Death is a regular part of every day life and when we hear the death of those who have been immortalized or are such a vital part of our culture, it gives a dose of reality. I'm not one who believes that humans are going to be immortal, but I do think that one day will come when I will no longer be on this earth. The clothes I wear, the books I have stored up, the friends I make, everything one day will not remember me.

Think about it, in fifty years, nobody will know I ever breathed on this earth.

Yet, there are some who believe that they will be remembered for a long time. Look at Hedi and Spencer Pratt, they are everywhere in the news. People are disgusted at their childish behavior and some people wish that they would be the ones who are deceased. Yet, the attiudes that they present are almost shocking, they want alot of attention and they're getting it right now. But in 25-50 years, will anyone remember their tyrate on TV? I don't think so.

What am I trying to say?

Enjoy the day..it might be your last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
sinner and saint. gentleman and gracious. witty and wanderer. thinker and tinker. lover and lazy. poetic and passionate. romantic and restless. complex and callious. blessed and bastard. weary and wide eyed.

Followers