Thursday, June 18, 2009

President Barack Obama, Commander in Chief, Fly-Swatter Extraordinaire.

This video has become the latest internet sensation. There's also been a "buzz" from P.E.T.A. , in which they have sent the President a more humane way of murdering flies (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31422688/ns/us_news-weird_news/). My only question that has entered my mind is...WHY DO WE CARE???!?!?!?!

I think that this news story has been blown way too out of proportion, yes our President is seen as the most important man in our country, but really? Does it matter that he manhandled a fly that was disturbing an interview he was in? I think this show the human side of our president, which makes him seem to be just like the rest of us who do not like flies. Still, is this a newstory that should be occuping our news outlets? I think there is much more important news that should be on the radio or television, because we watch the news to be informed and not entertained. If we want to be entertained, then watch some reality tv show or rent a movie from Blockbuster. The news is not suppose to be one giant circus for us to be amused at but sadly, this is what the news has become. One of my communication teachers sumed it up best, "If it bleeds, it leads, if it's sex, it's next." The popular news stories are ones of violence and sexuality, which domminate the first ten minutes of a newscast. This is one reason I have decided to only read news stories instead of watching them on teleivsion. As a reader, I have more control over what content I fill my head with and it's nice because it doesn't mean having to read about endless opinated spinsters who want to talk about our President's fly-swatting abilities over his policies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
sinner and saint. gentleman and gracious. witty and wanderer. thinker and tinker. lover and lazy. poetic and passionate. romantic and restless. complex and callious. blessed and bastard. weary and wide eyed.

Followers